If you’ve got a central air conditioning unit at home, you want to ensure that you get the most out of it, right? However, you don’t really want to pay the price for that comfort you want (mostly because the prices can get really ridiculous. That’s why we strongly advise that you opt for an air conditioner that is energy efficient. An energy efficient air conditioner is one which can convert electricity into cooling, in a way that is cost effective – that way, you’ll get the most out of your unit, without having to pay as much for it.
You must remember that it is imperative to change both the indoor evaporator and the outdoor condensing unit. There must be a number of energy-saving features that must be present in order to deem your unit energy-efficient. We’ll show you what they are.
– They should have large coils to make your heat transfer more effective.
– They should have a high temperature rating which is higher than 11.6 and a thermal expansion valve.
– They should have a variable-speed blower, so that you can reduce electricity consumption.
– They should have a fan-only switch that lets you turn off the cooling, but allows the fan to circulate air for more natural, affordable cooling.
– They should have an automatic delay fan switch, that keeps your fan on long enough to utilize the residual cool air that remains when the compressor comes off.
– They should have a filter indicator light which notifies you when it’s time to change the filter, thus boosting efficiency.
If you are looking for an experienced and affordable heating and cooling contractor in Ottawa to handle all of your Ottawa HVAC needs, then give us a call to get professional help with your central air conditioner, furnace or fireplace for a complete home comfort experience. We have decades of experience in home heating and cooling and Capital City Heating & Cooling provides all HVAC services including heating & air conditioning installation, repair, service & maintenance in Ottawa and surrounding areas.