It may not be winter, but it’s still pretty chilly in certain areas of the country and you don’t want to be left feeling frozen and uncomfortable in your own home. That’s why you need to ensure that you make the most of your home’s heating solutions so that you and your family can feel comfortable and so that you don’t have to pay extra for that either.
A well-insulated home can help you to save quite a lot on your utility bills. Maybe that big number on your bill has been caused by your improper or insufficient insulation throughout your home. We’re going to show you how you can insulate your home to keep the warm in and the cold out.
- Try to cover up any air leaks with weatherproofing. These are strips that help to seal the air leaks in your windows and doors. You can also use caulking to seal up those leaks as well. You can also purchase window insulation kits for a reasonable price and install them in no time.
- You can use thick curtains for your windows to help keep heat in your home as well. Let the sun’s warmth and light into the house by opening the curtains during the day and keep the heat in the house by closing the curtains at night.
- Use a door snake to fix drafty doors. They’re great for placing at the bottom of the door to block the cold air from entering. You even make them yourself, by using materials such as pillow stuffing, popcorn kernels, old socks and more.
- You may actually be losing quite a lot of heat through your chimney when you’re not using it. You can plug it with a “chimney balloon” to effectively seal it and keep your precious heat from escaping.
- Take care of your attic leaks by sealing it so that heal will not escape. You can use a cheap reflective foil material or the usual foam to help with the insulation.
If you are looking for an experienced and affordable heating and cooling contractor in Ottawa to handle all of your Ottawa HVAC needs, then give us a call to get professional help with your central air conditioner, furnace or fireplace for a complete home comfort experience. We have decades of experience in home heating and cooling and Capital City Heating & Cooling provides all HVAC services including heating & air conditioning installation, repair, service & maintenance in Ottawa and surrounding areas.