If you want to ensure that your air condition functions effectively and reliability, you need to ensure that you take care of it. Proper cleaning and maintenance can do just that, so that you can avoid having to do expensive repairs on it as well as ensure that you and your family are comfortably cooler than the rest of the world.
This post will show you some of the instructions you need to follow in order to safely and effectively clean the indoor unit of your central air conditioner.
- Make sure you turn the power off before you do any work on your air conditioner unit. Turn it off at the main panel if you can’t find the shutoff switch.
- You need to purchase a new air filter to replace the air filter in your current air conditioner unit. Ensure that you get the correct size for your model and then replace it.
- Take a look inside the blower compartment of the unit. If you see any dust and debris, vacuum it up and squeeze a few drops of specially formulated oil into the lubrication ports.
- See if there are any algae by removing the plastic condensation tube to have a look. You can replace it if is clogged or use a funnel to pour a solution of bleach and water (1 part:16 parts, respectively) into the tube.
- Use a small bristled brush or a pipe cleaner to clean the drain tube.
- When you’ve finished all of the above, reattach the drain line and power up the unit.
If you are looking for an experienced and affordable heating and cooling contractor in Ottawa to handle all of your Ottawa HVAC needs, then give us a call to get professional help with your central air conditioner, furnace or fireplace for a complete home comfort experience. We have decades of experience in home heating and cooling and Capital City Heating & Cooling provides all HVAC services including heating & air conditioning installation, repair, service & maintenance in Ottawa and surrounding areas.