When the weather is super-hot, and you really, really, really need to get cool, you’d be really glad to have a fully-functional air conditioning system. There are a number of things that you should ensure that you do, if you want to get the best possible service from your air conditioner unit. We’re going to show you some useful tips you can use in the installation and the positioning of your air conditioner.
- You need to ensure that you allow sufficient indoor space to install, maintain and repair the new system. You need to install an access door in the furnace or duct so that there is a way to clean the evaporator coil.
- You need to use duct sizing methodology in the installation of your A/C unit.
- You need to make sure that there are sufficient supply registers so that enough cool air can be delivered throughout the home. There also needs to be enough air registers that will bring the warm air in the house, back around to the air conditioner.
- You need to install duct work in the conditioned space, instead of in the attic.
- You need to use duct mastic to seal all ducts and you need to heavily insulate the ducts in your attic.
- You need to find an area where you can place your condensing unit, so that it won’t be a noisy bother to your neighbors.
- You need to ensure that you place the condensing unit in an area where there are no objects blocking its airflow.
- You need to ensure that your A/C unit has the refrigerant charge and airflow rate that your owner’s manufacturer stated it should have.
- You need to make sure and position your thermostat away from sources of heat.
If you are looking for an experienced and affordable heating and cooling contractor in Ottawa to handle all of your Ottawa HVAC needs, then give us a call to get professional help with your central air conditioner, furnace or fireplace for a complete home comfort experience. We have decades of experience in home heating and cooling and Capital City Heating & Cooling provides all HVAC services including heating & air conditioning installation, repair, service & maintenance in Ottawa and surrounding areas.