Not only do air conditioners keep your home cool and comfortable, but they also serve to push heat from the inside of your home, to the outside. Your air conditioner wouldn’t function like this if its various parts aren’t in place or aren’t working well. Each air conditioner part has an important role to play to keep your home cool. Here, we’re going to define the general parts of your air conditioner unit…
- Blower: This is a fan which helps to circulate the air over the evaporator, pushing out the chilled air.
- Compressor: This is a pump which cools the indoor air, by moving the refrigerant between the evaporator and the condenser.
- Condenser: These are hot coils which release the heat that is collected, into the air outside.
- Evaporator: These are cooling coils use refrigerant to remove heat and humidity from the air.
- Fan: It blows air over the condenser to disperse the heat on the outside.
- Filter: This part of the air conditioner serves to remove particles from the air that’s passing through it.
- Thermostat: This is a control system that regulates the amount of cool air that’s being distributed.
If you are looking for an experienced and affordable heating and cooling contractor in Ottawa to handle all of your Ottawa HVAC needs, then give us a call to get professional help with your central air conditioner, furnace or fireplace for a complete home comfort experience. We have decades of experience in home heating and cooling and Capital City Heating & Cooling provides all HVAC services including heating & air conditioning installation, repair, service & maintenance in Ottawa and surrounding areas.