Saving energy with your air conditioner unit is a great way to cut down on energy costs that can really heat up your budget. Every family or business can appreciate a lower energy bill. To figure out which air conditioner unit you should buy, then you should look for a number of energy-saving features to pinpoint the perfect unit for you. We’ll show you…
• Look for large coils, because they are better for heat transfer.
• Look for high temperature ratings of over 11.6.
• Look for a thermal expansion valve, so that when they weather is at its hottest, it will translate to high-efficiency functioning.
• Look for a variable-speed blower, so that you can lessen the amount of energy used because the AC can tailor its output to fit your needs.
• Look for a fan-only switch that can let you turn off the cooling, but allows the fan to stay running and circulating the natural air.
• Look for an automatic delay fan switch that can keep the fan on long enough to make use of the cool air that remains after you turn the compressor off.
• Look for a filter indicator light so that it can show you when the filter needs to get changed.
If you are looking for an experienced and affordable heating and cooling contractor in Ottawa to handle all of your Ottawa HVAC needs, then give us a call to get professional help with your central air conditioner, furnace or fireplace for a complete home comfort experience. We have decades of experience in home heating and cooling and Capital City Heating & Cooling provides all HVAC services including heating & air conditioning installation, repair, service & maintenance in Ottawa and surrounding areas.